Monday, January 4, 2016

1st Raid, pushing up in levels

On 12/28 my guild killed our first raid target, Phinny.  It wasn't hard by any means.  We also roamed about in the Hole as a private instance, slaughtering the content.  Due to bad coding, Yael does not spawn in the instance.

I was level 36 at the raid, and over the next week, and double XP weekend, I pushed on to 44.  I managed to get an FBSS, and returned to help others get one to 44.  At 44 though, the Frenzied Ghoul camp in Lower Guk starts to get to be poor XP.  Playing in the early morning, I was able to pull a lot though, which helped.  I just dinged 44 this morning.

I also ran out of XP potions.  They were half price over christmas, so I used all my daybreak cash on them.  I kind of like the non-stress of being out of them.  When I had a potion, I felt very intensely that I needed to race hard to xp.  No tradeskills, no chatting, just pull pull pull.  Now I can relax a bit.

An issue I've had is being unable to play late at night, I tend to just fall asleep instead of playing.  But then I can wake up early and play.  This will be challenging as my guild raids at 10PM my time.  I need to be awake at 10PM-2AM.  Sort of the worst time ever, literally, as its too late to sleep before, and too early to sleep after.  I plan on just limping through my post-raid days with 3 hours sleep.  Its a 3 day a week schedule, so I may only raid 2/week.  We'll see how it goes.

The babies have not been a challenge so far.  They usually wake up once, around 1 or 2AM, and I can bring them out to my laptop area, change diapers, and feed em while playing, as long as I'm not pulling.  If I'm pulling, then its harder, since I normally use keyboard to move, and mouse to turn, using just one is more dangerous, plus since I"m distracted I don't notice "x mob as begun to cast root" type messages, so my feign gets broken more.

No comments:

Post a Comment