Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A boring night of "Arentak has fallen to the ground"

Having recently achieved level 17, I had a new skill, Feign Death.

This skill started at level 1.  I tried it out about 100 times, and it went up to 3.

So I used skill points to get it to 20, and then got a much better rate of skillups.

I ran around freeport vendor scraping stuff while hitting feign every 9 seconds.   It was an entire night's worth of time spent, 4 or 5 hours, but I did max the skill at 90(for level 17).  This is one of Everquest's more tedious processes.  I feel for those clerics power leveling to 50, and getting there with an abjuration of 76, and they lose an entire mana bar trying to cast one resolution.

Anyway, I also keyed sneak to my hotkey, and mend(almost maxxed mend via skill points anyway), so all three are now maxxed.  Sneak is important as I can use it to get vendors I can't normally use, like goblins in SolA or Runneye. Waiting to redo it 3 or 4 times because I have a low skill wasn't something I wanted.  While I could have hit another level or two if I'd have skipped it and just xped, Im pretty happy.

I also ran around and did my yellow and orange sash quests.  Killing monsters while feigning constantly is annoying btw,  But I had to remind myself, the goal was the skill, not anything else I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment