Friday, December 11, 2015

Crushbone and Ding Level 9

Today I spent two hours in Crushbone bashing Orcs upside the head with my elite fists or my cracked staff.  I gained two levels and a few backpacks of crushbone belts.

A good group makes all the difference in the world.  This just isn't a solo game.  In the past, I've experienced a lot of bad groups, and that really pushed me to going it alone.  But a good group is so much better then being alone.  Its not hard to leave a bad group if desired.

I started at level 7, outside the castle.


We were pulling Legos, Emnisaries, Centurions and Slavers.  Once the tank(*cough* Ranger) left, it was me and a cleric and 4 cloth wearers, so I was puller/tank.  It went well.  Aggro was obviously an issue.  I found that wielding a 5/32 and 4/28 1hb seemed to generate more threat then being barefisted(7/37).  Since most of the dps comes from clothies anyway, my dps kinda doesn't matter.  This observation about aggro fits the story, that melee aggro comes from swings and hits, not from damage.

I also got quite a few Crushbone Belts, which were good xp on turn in.

Now that I'm 9, my skill will hit 90, which means base damage 9 fists.  Its getting hard to turn that down for faster swings, even just to train up 1hb or 2hb.

I'll probably pull/tank in a lot of groups.  This raises the issue for me, how will I function when I have to do a baby care cycle?

No comments:

Post a Comment