Thursday, December 17, 2015

Phinigel XP Rates and Levels

The EQ forums are aflutter with people complaining XP is too slow.  The developers reduced xp substantially on the server without telling anyone, then they started selling XP potions.  Many see these two events as closely related.  I tend to have rosier colored goggles.

How bad is the xp?  I've got 41 hours played and am level 19.  I wasted probably 3-4 hours working up feign death, so I might have been 21 if I'd been more efficient.

There are lots of level 50's now.  I played 41 hours of Everquest in the first week of the server.  And I'm a pathetic loser casual to the "Elite" players.  These guys have 120+ hours in already.  Everquest is not a good game for adults with jobs and especially not for those with job and families.  I'm not convinced I'll hit 50 with 120 hours, probably significantly slower.

The XP is at least 1/3rd slower, and some are saying 2/3rds slower then on the last round of Progression servers.

I see some upsides though.  Better skills, both the numbers and the keyboard skill from playing a class more hours.  More time to get gear, and more time to use the gear.  Example, why farm a collar of undead protection if I'm just going to ugprade it in 10 levels?  If 10 levels is 2 hours, obviously don't do it.  If 10 levels is in 40 hours, maybe yeah, go ahead and get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment